Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Windows 10 Create Password Backup Reset Disk Window is Hidden


In Windows 10, I found a bug,  when I tried to run Create a password reset disk for the 1st time, the window is hidden from view. I could Alt-Tab and see it listed but I could not get it into view. 

This is normal way to invoke Create a password reset disk.
  1. Plug your USB drive 
  2. Press Windows key + S on your keyboard to bring up the search bar.
  3. Type Control Panel and open it.
  4. Type in User accounts in Search Control Panel.
  5. Click on User accounts.
  6. Select Create a password reset disk *USB must be present to run
If you can't see the Create a password reset disk Wizard windows. You can try, to cascade windows. But this did not work for me. 




I had to run this manually for me to be able to backup my password. 

Soln: Create a password reset disk from RUN

Open the Run box, type the following and hit Enter to open it directly:
rundll32.exe keymgr.dll,PRShowSaveWizardExW

No comments:

Post a Comment